Took the Toro Grandstand out for a ride .

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TNT LawnCare Inc., Oct 3, 2008.

1. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealer had the Toro Grandstand in and we went to take it for a spin. Had the 19 hp Kawi on it 52 inch Turboforce deck. You can get up to a 23 HP. Kawi. The platform you stand-on was very comfortable and moved with you kinda like a suspension seat.

The controls werent to bad ,didnt like the safety feature on the right control leaver it .When it comes up the mower blades and mower power down. Has the rapid height feature kinda like Wrights.

It does have a separate hydro wheal Speed control for rookies learning how to use Stand on mowers. This leaver is not the throttle Leaver :laugh:

So far it will only Come in a 48 or 52 inch Ride. Oh and he didnt have a price yet :laugh: .

I wasnt really Impressed Toro, Sorry , I'll Stick with My Wrights ! :waving:

2. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

any pics tnt lawn care?

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

No i didnt take any pics, he'll be back in 2 weeks with t he mower to set-up a real demo for us to try it on some hills. Ican take some pics then if you like.

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That would be great. We've heard alot about this machine but haven't really saw the work it can do

5. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

I thought Wright had a Patent on the standing position for a stand on mower? This new mower plainly shows that the operator can stand behind the drive axles and this is what i thought was patented by Wright mfg. This looks like i might be just as good as the Wright standon now that they copied the driver position.

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i believe tnt is correct on the patent concerning wright mowers.

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Does it have the T2 Controls? I have grown to love them on my 40" Hydro. Took a little getting used to ( the right side that disengages the blades ) but easy to use now.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

yes he is!

10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

Yes it does Bill ,it took us a little while to get used to it.