1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Took the wife out tonight.. she ran a trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heygrassman, Jul 23, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Man, was this an experience.

My wife wanted to see what I do in the evenings, so I took her with me tonight on 2 of my accounts and she ran a trimmer. She found out that it is not as easy as she thought... I heard at least twice.. "and you like doing this??"

Anyone else take the better half out??

She was not too bad on the trimmer, slow but clean.
  2. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

Yeah! I take my wife occassionally. She runs the weed eater and blower. I have to fuel and start them for her. She's a little slow but does a good job.

She wears my chainsaw chaps and safety glasses.

What helps the most is when she goes to help me prune. She's real good at cleaning up behind me.
  3. My wife and power equipment
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW I hid the guns in case she sees this post;)
  4. deason

deason LawnSite Member

I take mine with me. I have one large residential (3+ acres) that I have to do on Thursdays that she goes with me on. She runs the Lazer while I trim. And yes, she runs it as fast and does as good a job as I do on the flat and level, On slopes, I take over. As far as her running the trimmer, I dont want those legs to get all beat up. :D
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

My wife is too dainty for this type of thing. Sweat??? NO WAY! She even complains about the smell of gasoline! :laugh:

I'll keep her anyway. ;)
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

these tools dont fit my wifes hands.
    she works a job ,cooks an does most o the house work ,so id be a foolish man to complain. best cook i know.:)
  7. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

round here my wife takes me out and lets me run the trimmer!!
  8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife helped me ONE time. That's when she found out she was allergic to fire ant bites. She is much better suited to the job she does. (She is the marking manager at a local hospital.) Hey, I appreciate her trying to help!
  9. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

My wife and I would just fight over who got to drive the Z. She hates to weedeat. I just leave her at home so she can tend to her horses. I hate to tend to horses.
  10. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Y'all have wives that are cheap dates !!! Mine is making me take her to the theater production of Lion King with my twin daughters and mother-in-law. Those tickets are...er....um....a lot of money !!! A buck in gas/oil for the trimmer and a trip to the manicurist for the broken nails would be much cheaper !!! :)

Seriously, my wife does an excellent job with the trimmer. She would rather not, but certainly is a great helper when needed. We celebrated our 17th anniversary this weekend. I am a very fortunate man.