Tool belt or carry stuff?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by David Gretzmier, May 22, 2008.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Although not at the level of the geek, I started using a "half" tool belt pouch 3 jobs back. I love having about 100 connectors, pvc cutters, auto strippers, wire cutters, and 4-in-one screwdriver RIGHT THERE. after carrying an open fabric tool box thing, and constantly losing/leaving things laying around, I have become quite the gunslinger when doing a fixture and trans.

Today on a job I did 4 transformers, more than a few hubs and 28 fixtures or so, and absolutely could not have done it the old way.

I bought mine at lowes, 10 bucks or so, fabric, it has room for about 3 tools or so, and a big pouch for my connectors. it just goes on my belt on the right and has not been a problem on my knees, sitting, standing, crouching or bending.

what's everybody else doing?

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet. and hey, adjusts up to a 54 inch belt size. That should keep me for a while. I like the idea of having one pouch you can add with drill, concrete/wood screws for transformers. one pouch with wood screws and long drill bits for deck lights. and of course one for your standard up lights/paths.

I can see this belt making my the 70 bucks it cost in a day's time of NOT digging in the "bag" for the stuff I need for whatever task I am on at the moment. I tend to do all the connections and trans and have my guys do the assembly, trenching, laying wire and fill in.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I have suspenders on mine... it gets a bit heavy what with a 18V cordless drill, and a couple of Brass Treelights, stapler, lags, hand tools, etc etc.

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I have standard electricians bags with suspenders for the very reason James stated. It does get very heavy. It is a bit bulky, but it is nice to have everything there within reach. I think I am going to have to get a Geek vest for demos though. The big bags get cumbersome for that.