1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tool list

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DBLC, Feb 11, 2004.

1. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

does anyone have a tool list(what they carry on truck or trailers to jobs) they will share with me for a lawn care crew AND/OR landscaping crew. I really want to cut down on "forgetting stuff". Thanks!!!
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

depends on your situation. Just go along and add as needed
  3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I always carry: Vise grips, cresent wrench, 3/8 ratchet with sockets (including spark plug socket) and extension, hammer, channel lock pliers, needle nose pliers, screw drivers, crow bar, C-Clamp, continuity tester, file, tire gage, funnel, utility knife, electrical tape, duct tape (don't laugh it's a lifesaver in a pinch), bottle jack, various nuts, bolts, screws, washers, cotter pins, etc.

I also carry a boat winch that I can chain to the trailer in case the ZTR quits. That way I can get it back on the trailer by myself if it isn't running.
    I'm sure there are other tools that could be helpful.
  4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I understood the original question differently. For maintenance crews, we usually carry a long handle flat shovel(LHSP), push broom, spring rake, leaf rake loping shears and pair of hand shears. When mulching to the above, add metal spade(s), long and d-handle forks (for spreading & loading mulch respectively), for planting add pick, axe and long handle round point shovels (LHRP). As stated above, depending on the tasks to be perfromed, you may want to add more to the list. For example, if your maintenence crews do a lot of commercial or industrial maint, they may need to carry a trash stick, or similar pick-up tool.
  5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The lawn and landscape tools I carry other than power equipment are: Spade, transfer shovel, steel tine rake, leaf rake, shrub rake, garage broom, 26" anvil lopers, bypass prunners, pole prunner, and a bow saw.
  6. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

leave the stuff in the truck and then you cant forget it!
  7. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

with mulitply crews I am looking to develop(or copy) a check list for each forman. I also am fabing tool holders, tools boxes, and racks for all tools to be locked & rain proof. I carry mechanic style tools in a tool box. I am ONLY referring to landscaping tools, prunners, & Etc. Thanks!