toolbox necessities

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mr. k, Mar 8, 2004.

1. mr. k

mr. k LawnSite Member

hey guys,

this being my first mowing season out on my own, i was wondering what you would not leave home without as far as replacement parts, tools etc... i did some leaf jobs in the fall, and there were quite a few things that i didn't have on the job that could have been useful. thanks for the input.
  2. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Depends on the equipment you have.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

fire extinguisher and most small tool kits from craftsman work well
  4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

spare blades and a wrench or socket to change them out. allen wrenches, cotters and pins, electrical tape, razor knife, hammer, pipe wrench, sandpaper, chisel, . portable air, rope. grease gun (don't forget a velke has to be lubed every single day).
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

don't forget sh%t paper i keep it in the truck and my golf bag

you never think about it until you need it
  7. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

another good thing to have is a metal box of some kind for reciepts and any payments recieved while on the job. pockets are not the best place in 100 degree weather.
  8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

spare spark plugs, trimmer line, 2 cycle oil, almost everything you can think of and then you will need something you dont have, ohhhhhhh spare tire and a bottle jack
  9. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

i always keep a spare spool full of string for the trimmer, saves time and hassle, first aid kit, bungy cords,tie downs, and some grocery bags to cover the trimmers and edgers in case you get stuck in the rain.edger blades and regular hand tools. maybe a spare key to get in your truck. s##t happens!!!