Tools on the truck

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nolatoolguy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

As I was cleaning out my truck today I was wondering what type of tools an parts if any do you keep in your truck or trailer?

Personally I keep whats pictures then a millwakee 18 volt sawzaw and hammer drill, tow chain, bottle jack, some rope, tire downs, jumper cables and all sorts of fluids in my truck on the driveside floor.

2. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I have found out you can have a 18 wheeler load of tools on the road and the one tool you need the most will be the one you do not have.

I guess you would need a big rig to take along a belt sander and radial arm saw. Where do you plugh them up?

4. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Ditto....Fixer...I ran mobile for a few years...Never enough of the right tools or parts..
    The most important thing to have on your truck is a good "JunkBox"....
    A box filled with useless nuts..bolts..brackets..wiring...etc....

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Amen, Fixer and Slapper. About the only occasion that I'll go out on a mobile is if I know the customer and if he is able to give me an understandable description after a bit of Q&A--even then it's difficult to win 'em all. On top of that, it's becoming difficult for my Scooter chair to pull the tool box!:laugh:

6. piston slapper

Dutch... the though of you tugging around a toolbox behind your scooter is painting some ugly pictures in my mind....:laugh::laugh:

Maybe RestroRob can help you " Mod" that scooter into something more usable...:waving:

7. dutch1

from Jayhawk

Slapper, with those Rob mods, I'd be faced with the same dilemma that seems to be hounding him--all those Daisy Mae's and Swamp Mama's hangin' around.

8. piston slapper

Yeah...You'd really have to beef up the springs....
    Maybe install a cattle catcher on the front bumper..
    They dont call it Hazzard County fer nuthin...Soooooooeeeeeeyy........

9. piston slapper

Hmmmm.....RestroRob is taking his time....must be cookin up something pretty
    good...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. dutch1

from Jayhawk

Slapper, I don't think we've used the proper bait. I hear that it takes something real special to hook the big ones!!!

On the other hand, it's possible that he's just layed back in the LazyBoy sucking down one of those Bloomberg rejects while he's enjoying the AC.