Tools you need to plant trees and plants.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by vaulta, Mar 20, 2007.

1. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Was wondering what kind of tools you need too do planting and tree installs. I am not going too be doing anything serious like me needing a crane too install huge trees or anything?thanx
  2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

A shovel, water hose and a wheel barrel to haul off excess dirt, but I have a feeling you already knew that.
    If you ever decide to plant bulbs a 18V cordless drill with an auger makes short work of it.
  3. vaulta

vaulta LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Bulbs, what are thous?
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Flower Bulbs (Tulips, Iris's, Lilies, etc.)
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

people spend alot of time learning how to plant, what to plant, where to plant, and when to plant...

if the plant dies early in its life, you have to replace it, if its not done right, many will die...

so the best tool would be the library and internet, there really is alot more to it then digging a hole and putting a tree in it.... in some states, you need a license to do this.... like ohio....
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

And a ball cart. Very important for moving the stuff. Don't forget a utility knife for scoring the burlap, and some wire cutters for cutting the cage at the top.
  7. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

Make Sure You Get The Air Pockets Out When Planting Palm Trees. I Got A 4 Foot Pvc Pipe And Attached A Fitting The Fits On Pipe And Hose And Used It To Poke Underground To Get Air Pockets Out.
  8. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i think you guys are scaring the bejesus outta this kid....

its pretty awesome
  9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Oh, and most important ( big muscles ) lol really, them tree balls are heavy as all @!%#
  10. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

SHARP hand tools...too many to list, ball cart, wheelbarrel, vehicle to transport material (unless delivered), etc.

Is this a trick question?