Tooooooooooo Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Jul 23, 2005.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My wife and I did 13 today. Temp was around 102, heat index was around 110........felt more like 175!

I am moving the h*** away from Oklahoma when I retire. Going North!

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I live North and it hit 103 today, and 108 yesterday.

3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Was in Lawton for awhile...very hot!

4. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

Just got home from the full time job at midnight, and the heat index was still 95 in KC

5. OVO

OVO LawnSite Member

Ft Knox, Ky heat index was 107 .. people dropping like flies !

6. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Clients are walking out all day saying it is too hot to be mowing, but these may be the same clients that call if we are not there, asking" What's up?"

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I had one client tell me Wensday I was crazy as h-ll for being out in the heat doing his yard, he was affraid I was going to drop in his yard. Told me to come back later and finish, I assured him I was conditioned for it ( :p ) It was like 100 with 90% humidity and I was dragging big time. Worst week I have had so far with the heat. Have not made it past 1:00PM anyday this week.

8. IN2MOWING

IN2MOWING LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

104 here today with a heat index of 112

105 tommorow with a heat index of 116

Same for monday. But starting midweek the chance of rain goes up and it drops about 15 - 20 degrees.

9. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Minnesota, its just as bad this year. There talking a heat index of 105 today. Its the hottest summer here in 20 years.

10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, Steve it was hot yesterday. We also did 13 or 14, and then went in for the day. We finished up by noon today. We had 23 to do, but my main guy asked if he could have the day off Fri! I shoud've said no, but I didn't. The heat is beginning to slow me down, we also need some good rain. Tony