Tooth bar attachment for a Bobcat...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TonyG, Aug 23, 2007.

1. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

bucket. The inside length is 78-1/8"...I guess this might be called an 80" bucket? I'd prefer something that can be removed quickly, any recommendation would be appreciated.

2. bobbyg18

bobbyg18 LawnSite Member

tony, ive posted this pic before, its off a machine i sold but the flip up tooth bar was awesome, just loosen the nuts and the tooth bar flips up...gives you two buckets in one...

its made by Thomas, not sure if other companies make them...wish i still had it, but now use a GP bucket and a 4 in 1 bucket w/ teeth...

if i had just one bucket i'd try and get flip up tooth bar set up...

[​IMG]

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

how about a second bucket, that flip up looks like it would get in the way of serious work

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Try the Rezloh edge. No need to remove it. It digs great and yet you can fine grade just like a smooth bucket. Great cutting edge.

5. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anybody in Red Clay Country use a Rezloh? Looks like it would be better than a straight edge but I doubt it would have cut into the dirt I was digging today.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

They work very well. You would have no problem in your red clay.

7. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Rezloh is the best out there I think. I have one of the removable/ flip up type of tooth bars that bobbyg18 talks about. They work very well digging. Only complaint I have with mine is when you lay the bucket flat the teeth keep the bucket a good inch or two about the ground.

8. SiteSolutions

I meant anybody from Alabama or Georgia. Can't break this dirt with a crowbar. We brick the cheap houses with the clods that come out of the big loader and dozer tracks. Don't even have to bake them. :rolleyes:

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have been kicking your dirt since the end of July. Believe me you will have no problem with the Rezloh.

10. SiteSolutions

I am not sure I understand this statement.

Too bad I can't just demo it for a week and see for myself. I would like to give it a try but it seems like you would still be putting 1/2 the surface area into unbroken dirt at a time, where with teeth you have maybe 1/10, 1/20 or less the surface area so therefore more pressure concentrated to break through... then again, I am a loader operator, not an engineer, so what do I know? Maybe it works great? How much does a bolt on edge cost for a 68" bucket?