Tooting My Own Horn!!!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Jan 25, 2008.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. I hit a milestone last night with my company. I landed my largest job yet. I don't want to sound like i am bragging in this thread, I am just excited about growing my business and wanted to share that with everyone.

I have been working on a bid for a while now and the price tag just kept growing and growing to the point i figured once they saw the total they would run with the wind. Well I closed my first $65,000 job tonight. I don't know what that coresponds with in Jersey money, but i am guessing it would be equivilant to a $90k-$100k job up north.

the job intails a 24'x31' paver patio, 17'x19' pergola with lighting, 12'x12' horseshoe shapped island with a gas grill, charchol grill, double burner, blender, ice maker, fridge and granite top. it also includes a bunch of landscaping and landscape lighting.

The whole back yard is only 40' x 45'.

wish me luck. I may even start a picture thread if anyone is interested. Of course we are not breaking ground until the first of March when I get back from Hardscape NA.

I know that this may not be a big deal for some of you, but with the close of this job, i have now closed $92k in revenue this year which is the same amount that I did part time all last season.

If all goes well, i will hopefully beat my goal of $250k in revenue this year.

2. Patatoe1

Patatoe1 LawnSite Member

Congrats on landing the job. Definitely start a picture/progress thread. I am sure many people on here enjoy reading those.

3. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Congrats from CT.
    See you at HNA.

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats! I am going into my 12th year in business. And that job you just landed is still bigger than the biggest job we have ever done to this point. We are getting bigger and bigger jobs from year to year. We've done a few close to that amount but not quite that big. That's a big job! And we're all gonna want to see some photos!!!

Congratulations! :clapping:

5. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

congrats on the job. the first ones on me in nashville.:drinkup:

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Good for you!!! Quickly looking at what you speced above I'd say in Jersey money you'd be somewhere between 75 and 100 k for that job depending on site and materials. We do a decent amount of jobs in the 25- 45k range(jersey money mind you) LOL........thats a nice job no matter where you are from .....good luck

7. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the progress..

Chase

8. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Congrats on the job...def post some pics of the progress i would be excited to if i were you thats a pretty big job...the only thing that worries me on those type of jobs is if i bid it high enough....Good luck!

9. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

Guys the difference between NJ and SC on this same job is not $25-35K more in NJ. Use your heads, be smart, our economies are not that far apart. :nono:

10. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats great man!! With a job like this under your belt hopefully you can get closer to 500k, let alone 250k. What sorta timeline do you have for this project?