1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Things You LOVE About YOUR Business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BckYrdLmbrJk, Jan 31, 2014.

1. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Finding new ways to be more efficient

2. Create/makeover a planting bed (they always look so perfect when you're done)

3. Organizing anything (truck, trailer, shop, desk, etc.)

4. Seeing/hearing a client express their joy and satisfaction with the work I completed for them.

5. Helping others (clients, other business owners, the young guys who are just starting out, etc.) I get a tremendous amount of satisfaction from knowing that I did something which helped someone else.
  2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

I enjoy providing for others.
    This comes three fold.
    Providing for my family, providing for my customers, providing work for employees.
    I enjoy working as part of a team to accomplish a common goal.
    I enjoy problem solving
    I enjoy a varying pace
  3. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I enjoy:

1. Mulch jobs. I don't know why, it just looks nice afterwards.

2. Like others have said, having a customer that appreciates your work.

3. Getting a large job, completing it, and seeing it after it is done.

4. Mowing.

5. Working with power equipment.
  4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Being out side.
    customers who say how much of a good job I'm doing.
    laying nice stripes.
    the amount of growing I've done the past several years.

Posted via Mobile Device
  5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

not having to look at dead people
  6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

We might need a little more background
  7. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

Armsden: Thank you! I've noticed your positive input in a lot of threads on here. Its good to see another Upstate NYr with a good attitude. Where in the Dax are you based out of?

4 Seasons: I don't know leisurely is the word I'd use for firewood. You must have a processor. I do agree its enjoyable if you keep from beating yourself up too bad like I do all to often. Sweet Dodge btw! Cummins? How do you like it?

A.W. Landscapers: 3. Organizing. <--Something I really gotta work on learning to enjoy. Its funny how much easier things are when you enjoy them. Now I really enjoy when things are nice and neat and well organized, just have to try to remember that feeling when taking on the organizing process.

GeorgiaLawn: I can't believe I left that one off the list. That definitely something I love about my business. Unfortunately, for a list of jobs I can think of this isn't the case.

I'm glad I started this thread, its really nice to hear what you guys love about your businesses, and being reminded about what I enjoy and have to look forward to again in the coming season. Hope all you guys have a great year!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Back Yard....

Positivity is the pull chord! It get's everything started! I am squeezed right in between the top of The Dax and Montreal in a cozy little ex-military town called Plattsburgh. I am a recent transplant from Boston and I can honestly say that I will never leave. I fell head over heals for not only the Adirondacks but for Lake Champlain as well. And don't tell anybody but there is more than enough work up here for the amount of companies in business. Oops, I just told everybody! hahaha

If you want to see organized, take a look at AW's equipment thread! One of the most organized trailers I have ever seen! And his wood-working shop is immaculate also....
  9. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes aw's work shop is cleaner then my shower :)
  10. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

#1 Filling out deposit slips
    #2 closing sales deals
    #3 equipment
    #4 slower pace in winter months
    #5 fact that this is one field that has no limits to growth and expansion
    Posted via Mobile Device