Top Choice Applicators

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by naturescaretaker, Sep 24, 2004.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of questions.

1. Are any of you registered with www.nofireants. com

2. Have you generated any leads from this website (it's free)

3. What do you charge per 1000sqft for the application.

We just got some killer signs from Bayer and registered with the website and we are getting a call a day. Anyone else had any response?

Thanks,

Brian

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CoastalGreenscapes

Our sandy soil in Florida has proven not to hold the fipronil and therefore we can not get but about 6 to 7 months of control. Since Fipronil takes about 4 to 6 weeks to work and doesn't last, I have stayed with the Texas Two Step.

Now Top Choice and fire ants have been discuss here so many times before that I am posting just one link about it.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=53705&page=1&pp=10&highlight=fire+ant

BTW your link does not work

3. naturescaretaker

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, that link works.

5. naturescaretaker

I am actually getting 1 or 2 leads from this website and registering was free. Just a little test you take and they certify you. It's a no brainer. The free leads are great. I am actually going out later this am to do a treatment and sign up a new annual customer.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CoastalGreenscapes

Been there and done that on other Bayer Products for termite and Inside Pest control. In fact Some products you must take the Idiot Test on line to be able to buy them by label law. Bayer sell many products by agency Price, Top Choice is one of them. While most of their products are first rate, Top Choice does not fill our needs because of the lack of CEC in our soil. We have trouble with residual a lot because of it. I had a meeting with one of Bayer's PhD field reps. and he admitted Top Choice had many complaints in coastal Florida.

Now I see an advantage in not using Top Choice even if it worked for me. If I only went to a property once a year I would miss the opportunity to up sell other services.

7. naturescaretaker

Very good point. Here in Coastal South Carolina Top Choice has been working well for about 10 months. Since we are coming into the slower season we are looking at our business model and making changes to it for next year. I like the idea of more then one visit per year. Personally I would like to see our customers as much as we can.

What I like from the nofireants.com website is that it is totally free, I can download some marketing materials free and then it is generating one or two leads a week now since we registered. With these leads for a fire ant program we are also picking up customers for maintenance products and even a sod job that we are doing on Monday.

Green Dreams likes this.
  8. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I couldn't find a link to it.

Thanks for the heads up...

Drew

9. naturescaretaker

Here is a copy of the email I got from Bayer and then I followed their steps to become registered. It took about 24 hours for the listing to show up on the website. Here's the email:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern;

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Bayer Environmental Science. You will first have to become certified. You can get TopChoice certification at www.TopChoiceCertification.com and enter certify as your password. Once you have completed the training the website will direct you to another site. You will then need to register at that site in order to participate for the marketing resources and the authorized provider locator. Please let us know if there is anything else you need. Thank you for your inquiry.

Best regards,

Rodney Moore
    Product Support Rep.

10. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I wonder how far around the zip code entered one will show up on the search? Pretty cool test. Ric, I got 14 outta 14. I hope you're impressed, lol. And I'm praying Jeanne takes a hard right for you....