Top Dresser Design..looking for input

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by LawnSolutionsCP, Apr 12, 2009.

1. TMGL&L

TMGL&L LawnSite Member

The idea with the vac was def a good idea... I don't know how easy that would be but def something that should be incorporated in a future product. What if there was like a conveyor belt kinda tool that would fit into the truck bed that could just roll the material off the truck bed and into the spreader...that would be cool. I'm sure its already invented tho. :)

With regards to cost, if you make a product with a big bucket that saves time and money in the long run you can charge me a bunch if I know it will pay itself off. Big buckets make me happy.

I'm personally in the market for a good dresser soon myself... But I only want one with a cup holder/ chiller though. :)

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

ecolawn.................02.......

3. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

I sent you a PM

4. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree This is such a easy sell to the cust, but I dont because the machines are so big and expensive. I would say 1/2 yard would be ideal. I seen one one the net I thought was simple and not very expensive but they never got back with me. I will see if I can get the website to give you ideas.

5. kjslawn

6. kjslawn

$2150 for a demo is a good price.

7. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

$2150 for a demo...that would be great. Normally we let people demo units for free.

8. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Send one my way I'll demo it for free!:)

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

You'll spend more time going back to the compost to refill that small hopper than you will spend spreading compost. 240 lb is not much compost.

10. kjslawn

I wanted to give them a picture of a compact unit just as an idea. If U could make it a 1/2 yard hopper would be great. Here in Ky I would say that 75% of all yards need compost spread to help our crappy clay soil.