Top Dresser Design..looking for input

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by LawnSolutionsCP, Apr 12, 2009.

1. roccon31

roccon31 LawnSite Member

peter-

i saw your eco lawn demo unit at the nofa ny class in february (sat behind you, talked to you and russ for a while, etc). i like them alot, but i like to explore all my options.

just picked up my large machine today, now i need a small one for around houses and small yards.

thanks for the heads up on the PA show, thats only 45 mins from me, so i will be there!

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

3. Awesome. Yes, I remember speaking with you in Shodack. We'll have our usual compost tea offerings as well at the show. What kind of large top dresser did you get?

4. roccon31

roccon31 LawnSite Member

old style millcreek td75. tested it out today on my unfinished compost pile, needs some minor tweaking, but seems to work pretty well. finished material will probably flow much better.

5. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

I started topdressing in the mid 80's. I have topdressed by hand with wheel barrels and shovels. I now use turfco metermatics. I have loaded from: ground with shovels and by frontend loader and by skidster. I have loaded from a dump truck and from a dump trailer. I now use a conveyer truck to load my machine. It is the most efficient. I would be very interested in seeing your compact topdresser. Turfcos are too big for most jobs and too small for big jobs.

6. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Send me a PM with your contact info

Thanks

David
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. onebreezer

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

show and tell i like that

9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

OneBreezer -

You rock - I LOVE your site - can I use "it's like a spa treatment for your lawn"? That is awesome - great short video - to the point and effective. Ever used it for TV ads? I think that would get some clients! :clapping:

10. onebreezer

thanx for the complement. that video came from my tv ad. the script came from my radio adv. send me a nickel and you may use it. oh what the heck just use it.