Top Dresser Design..looking for input

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by LawnSolutionsCP, Apr 12, 2009.

1. JoJo1990

JoJo1990 LawnSite Member

Oh I like the idea of the ride-on with a spreader. What a better way to incorporate some organic material into the soil! I think there would be some weight issues but I could save a lot of time by killing two birds with one stone. I think it could be done...may need to upgrade the motor on the ride-on for a third time...you know what they say!

2. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Yes and if it could hold say 12 cu ft and had a tipper so the hopper could flop over you could use it as a mulch transporter and dump it into beds. If it had a conveyer belt which moved back to front with an auger system you could also just open the front gate wide open and dump mulch into the bed as well. This said gate would also act as the control gate to determine how much compost, sand, dry materials you would be spreading as well and the auger system would move said product to the brush system and out. For mulch this would be cool as it would actually fluff the mulch for you??

A hopper/spreader system like this could be used on any kind of stand on or ride on as long and the weight was supported by the back on the mower/aerator/skid steer and the front had wheels.

Just some thoughts.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT NOTHING:confused:
    but what else is new

4. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

bump - been a while, thought I would check in on progress

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ya a resi topdresser would be SO nice.