1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Top Hat trailer any opinions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TurnGreen1, Mar 31, 2010.

1. TurnGreen1

TurnGreen1 LawnSite Member

I am not too familiar with the Top Hat brand. I have not ssen a lot of feed back on them. I saw an 07 for sale that seemed to be a fair price. 6.5 x16 4ft mesh sides,dual axle w/brakes,cage,trimmer racks...1705 otd....what do you think? Are they worth the money?
  2. grasshog08

grasshog08 LawnSite Member

doesnt seem bad. my local trailer guy has top hat and a 6 x 16 with 1 ft solid sides no racks and brakes is 1999.00 but new model
  3. timber132007

timber132007 LawnSite Member

I've had a Top Hat trailer for about three years with no problems. Its seven foot by sixteen foot. Put a gorilla lift on to help with the steel gate. I just installed bearing buddies on my hubs. Definitely try to keep the wheel bearings greased. Overall its been a good trailer for the money so far. I paid a little over two thousand for it.
  4. Shockley

Shockley LawnSite Member

I have a 6x16 Top Hat tube top trailer. The only complaint I have pertains to the tailgate. After fulltime use and abuse, I need to replace the expanded metal on the rear gate. This time I am going to build spring assists to keep this from happening in the future. Other than that, I am very pleased with it. Last year I replaced the flooring because of rot, but that is because they ddin't put treated lumber on it. The next upgrade is LED lighting! Buy it, you'll be pleased!