Top Hat Trailers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedRebel, Oct 2, 2008.

1. RedRebel

RedRebel LawnSite Member

2. dcombs

dcombs LawnSite Member

i'd say thats about right. i have been checking on those trailers to and the prices are pretty much the same.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

they look about right. i wouldnt get the 1st trailer though. single axle trailers are tougher to tow and must be loaded correctly to prevent sway. i wouldnt want to haul 2 mowers on a regular basis on that trailer.

also on the 1st, w/ the pipe for sides, it could cause issues when trying to install racks, cage, etc...

i also think that 14' is the minimum i would go for a primary trailer. you should decide what size trailer you need now, then buy 1-2 sizes larger. a 14' dual axle and a 16' cost about $400-500 different. but if you buy the 14' then need a bigger trailer next year you will lose about $300 at least on it, then have to pay the extra $500. this doesnt count for price changes either. very rarely do i wish i had a smaller trailer, and many days i wish i had 2-4 more feet on mine.

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good trailers, mine is a 2005 model, floor went bad last year, they used white pine instead of pressure treated, other than that its a good trailer.