Top sales ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Aug 26, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Some post have me wondering who is selling the most ZTR's. Does anyone know who sells the most units? Who's in the top 5 or 10 in order of sales? Here is my guess but probably not correct exept for the #1 spot.

#1 Exmark
    #2 Toro
    #3 Scag
    #4 John Deere
    #5 Cadet/Lesco combined

I really don't know the answer exept Exmark is #1 in sales by far (or at least that's the claim). I know alot of you don't care, I was just curious.

2. tacoma200

Should have put Dixie in there.

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If it was 2004, I think you are right, but as of 2006...You should know that Hustler and Gravely both have sold boat loads of Z. Hustler cornering 60" market and Gravely taking over 34"-48" range. There is no way eXmark can claim #1 spot by not selling their Triton Z in my town! at all.

4. tacoma200

Exmark claims to sell more comercial mowers than all others combined. IF and I say if that was true last year no way Hustler and Gravely could have caught up. Its not a big deal but you have to have established dealers and in most parts of the country I've been in and by reading post on Lawnsite and others Gravely doesn't have the dealerships. Hustler has lost four within a couple of hours drive from me. From all the post I've read Exmarks are still thick in Florida. You have to look hard to even find a Gravely here and I have the only Super Z XR7 within 40 miles of here as far as I know. Not trying to start a fight MTR I'm just not seeing that yet. Now if Exmark doesn't fix the deck they will loose market share for sure. I personally don't know anything much about Gravely. I think there are a couple around here so I'm not throwing off on them or Hustler (which of course I own but had to get a dealer 80 miles away). I can buy Exmark,Dixie, Deere,Cub and Scag in about every county in the state but you just can't find Gravely or Hustler. If you right I'll be surprised. Of course sales numbers and quality don't always go hand and hand.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

In my neck of the woods, Exmark\Toro probably dominate Z-Turn sales. Gravely is almost non-exsistent. Scag sells alot,probably second behind Exmark\Toro. Walkbehind's Scag still dominates, Exmark\Toro then probably Textron products, Bobcat and Bunton.

Of course my conclusions are just observations, of what I see about, and what landscapers I'm a acquainted with purchase. No hard scientific data.

6. tacoma200

6'7 and 330, I wouldn't argue with you if you had said Murry mowers were #1. Especially with 25 inch arms. But I agree and I think in different parts of the country some mowers have niche markets. If I were to look around here I would say Grasshopper is #1 by the numbers but we all know thats not the case. Tell us about you pictures, new baby in the family?

7. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro Z's and eXmark Z's dominate in the Southeastern Michigan

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark and Cubs in this area, plus a few scags.

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I really dont see much of any scag...a few here a few there. Alot of old bobcat/bunton stuff. And dont forget the Wright Standers...tons of them are popping up and multiplying.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't think any one manufacturer dominates in my area. But I can say this, I have never seen a Hustler, Kees, Wright, Lesco, Encore, Everide, Scag or Dane in my area.