Top Soil Source In Baltimore County?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, May 23, 2011.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone recommend someone to call for screened top soil?

We'll be wrapping up a job in Cockeysville and will need a supplier that can bring screened top soil in 15 cubic yard increments (tandem or Tri-axle).

Any lurkers out there that can recommend someone, pls reply to this thread or shoot me a private message.

Thanks!

2. Strmwtr85

Strmwtr85 LawnSite Member

3. DVS Hardscaper

Nice! I'll check them out, thats about 5 miles from where we're working, which is perfect if we're 5 yds short.

Thanks!

BTW - those people at the Texas Station Quarry - are impersonable!! After scheduling a delivery for the start of 200 tons, I called back and cancelled the delivery and went with Patuxent.

4. JoeyDipetro

JoeyDipetro LawnSite Member
    from CA

Is that really a word?

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Enough to get the point across in my book.

6. Strmwtr85

Strmwtr85 LawnSite Member

LaFarge tends to be like that on the phone, you should try ordering ready mix from them thats an even more fun experience. Still as a life long PA resident, overall most places down this way are much easier to deal with then the quarries I used to deal with up north.

7. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

Hollins Organic is probably your best option, Wirzt & Daughters (410-679-6700) is a little more east but it might be worth the phone call to check a price.

8. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

if you already have an account with patuxent they have topsoil also i have gotten a tandem load from them it was nice soil too. if not Hollands is decent stuff it can be clumpy though. are you doing the wall at the new ag center by chance?

9. DVS Hardscaper

Damn, all kinds of good information from everyone!

I do have a good thing going with Patuxent, for the job we been working on they've assigned a driver to us, whom I do like.

We did a residential job and will be finishing up this coming week.

We also just put the pools to an end at the old Swim Club on Baubitz Rd in Resiterstown.

10. DVS Hardscaper

Thanks again guys.

We ended up going with Patuxant.

I called Hollins, but they only have single axles and I didn't want to have to wait for them to do two rounds, stop for lunch, then do 2 more.

Man oh man, top soil is expensive in that part of the world! The quality was great.

Patuxant said the loads are 15 cu yds., but I'd swear each load was 20 yds.