Topchoice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by martn, Apr 5, 2005.

1. martn

martn LawnSite Member

2. martn

martn LawnSite Member

3. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

yes I did a mailing this week for fire ants. we are using grub and brown patch
    cards also.

4. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

We receieved our shipment yesterday....good stuff :)

I ordered a bunch and I am not sure what I am going to do with it all yet but I figured I could use it for years.

Hope everyones day goes well :waving:

5. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I use their supplies and integrated Top Choice into my radio spots. The new magnets for your truck are cool too.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I am not knocking Top Choice, But would advise Coastal Florida CPO to stay away from it. The problem is our sandy soil and no CEC. Therefore Top Choice seems to last 7 to 8 months only. Golf Courses are still having great luck with Mole Crickets if applied at the right time of year.

7. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Ric,
    There is someone here in our area who has applied TC to 10 accounts and had problem with one. Still not sure why but was one small mound at corner of property. Thinks maybe missed the area.

Funny thing in the warranty they give you Ceasefire as the replacement! Don't know about you guys but that stuff sucks!

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Robin

I have had just the opposite results and complained to Bayer. The Bayer regional sales director came to town with the local sales rep. The bought me lunch at McDonalds. Big Deal. But they agreed that they were having many complains about it not lasting the year.

Now you must remember 99.9% of the homes are build on fill dirt. Each one has a different soil. What works on one won't on another. I feel we are missing the boat by using Top Choice once a year even if it worked 100%. The ability to up sell other services is greater the more you visit the property. If you have the customer on a regular Fert & Squirt there are other produces that can control Fire Ants a lot less expensive.

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I agree on the up sell. After all the old saying "out of site, out of mind" holds true in any business. Saw on the way home a Top Choice mag. sign on Ant-Serv truck. Funny that we are talking about it.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Robin

That guy is a real promoter. He also gets some real high prices $ 1,400 a year for White Foots Ants in a house. Treats every 30 days. I believe that is not quite right. However he has big overhead with the store front right on the main street. He has also taken over where Glen's Pest Control left off with the do it your self store. I am sure he is making big money, so can't real knock that. At one time I was almost as competitive as him.

I am putting my efforts into the nursery business and sort of letting pest control slide. Jump on what you can Before someone else does. I am getting real burned out on everything right now. Don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do anything. I believe with the hurricane and laws suits etc I am just out of it for now.