topchoice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by topchoice, Dec 29, 2006.

1. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

Have a question on a commercial mower, I have two options- Toro 2352: 23HP, 52" or a John Deere 737: 23HP, 54". Any opinions on either of the two?

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 737 and used to have an exmark which is owned by toro. I liked both, both had pros and cons but overall liked the deere better. Has smoother less jerky hydros and cuts bahia grass MUCH better than the exmark. I demoed the toro and it would not cut bahai grass good neither. The toro though will leave a finer clean cut on grass like centipede and st. augustine. Most important thing though is your dealer support. Deere in my area sux big time so when I replace this mower it will not be another deere unless something changes real fast. Demo both for yourself and see which you like the best.

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

i have a deere 757 (next up from 737 but same thing) i love it it works great the best thing about it is changing deck sizes it so easy an the foot lift it soo handy. but you defenitly need dealer support

nick

4. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

The John Deere in my area has had great reviews as far as service etc, not to mention there are about 5 other dealers in the surrounding areas. I was leaning more towards the John Deere, but wanted to get some more advice. Does anyone know the difference between a 727A and 737. I haven't talked to the dealer about the difference yet, but I figured if I went into the dealership with already previous knowledge, I may not be swayed as easily by the dealer.

5. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

the 727 has a smaller engine and 737 has a 52 or 54in deck an the 727 has a 48 you might be able to get a 52 with it but it'd be under powered for the engine. 727 has all the same features just smaller

nick