Topdresser rental

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by WenzelOSLLC, Aug 14, 2014.

1. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone in the Twin Cities area know of a place to rent a walkbehind topdresser? There's basically one dealer in the area and he's a ways out from where I need to go.

2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Call Turfco 800-679-8201 they may have a test machine that needs run time or be able to help you out.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have an Eco200, too bad you aren't closer.....

4. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

When you said that in the Minnesota Thread I looked where you were and was kinda disappointed how far away you were. The drive time isn't what gets me either, it's the gas that would cost me; if only my truck didn't guzzle.

How long does it take to do like 15yds of material would you say?

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Tough one to say. You can put almost 1/2 yard in the hopper if you heap it up, and the compost is nice and dry and flowable (do NOT use any material with any sort of significant moisture, you will be sorry). So you are talking like 30 loads spread. Most I have done so far is 3-4 yards of material on residential lawns. Loading the machine is what takes the most time, the machine itself will dump out a load of compost in about 1 minute. I think it took us like 1.5 hours or so for a job like that. So I would guess you could spread out 15 yards in 2/3 day or a little less if you are set up nicely to load the machines.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Is there any speed control on those units? In video it was wipping the guy around. What do they cost?

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

We can do 6 yards per hour with two guys as long as the distance from the trailer to the area being too dressed isn't far. Flat ground also helps
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ReddensLawnCare

I feel I should also add that we are set up to be effecient
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Ha, I am not.....yet:)

10. ReddensLawnCare

You will be
    Posted via Mobile Device