Topdressing of Bermuda Lawn With River Sand

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by chaser2587, Jun 6, 2010.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

How far do you travel? Does it include sand? Do you reel mow prior to topdressing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

I am in augusta, ga. I have a customer that I will have contact you.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

I do not travel that far. I supply a variety of material choices. White sand, brown sand, peat moss additives, screened topsoil, compost, and combinations of those. My wife is with the FAA and she may be relocating to the Hampton area. If so who knows. I do not usually scalp first. I usually have the customer do that. The customer usually has the mower to do the cutting but not the topdresser and aerater. I do know a guy in your area that does scalp and topdress. I would be glad to share his number with you. You can vist my website at WWW.TURFTREATERS.COM and email me thru that site at edmoore@turftreaters.com

4. cgaengineer

That guy would be my competition since I offer topdressing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

Oh sorry i did not know who i was talking to. So you topdress in the Atlanta area. Roswell? What is your process? Website etc?

6. Firefighter337

Onebreezer,

I want to top dress my yard, Empire Zoysia in Martinez. Do you know of anyone that rents the machine locally? I have asked Reliable, Harry's, Lesco and Ewing if they know of anyone. Looks like I might just do it by hand. Roughly 3800 square feet.

7. cgaengineer

3800 square feet is not bad by hand. No doubt its hard work, but its not impossible. Where is Martinez?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. chaser2587

chaser2587 LawnSite Member

You could knock 3800 sq feet out by hand in a day. But if one were smart and knew it wasn't going to rain over the weekend do half on sat and the other half on sunday, imho.

9. Firefighter337

FOR GET THAT. I want the machine and a dingo w/ the bucket attachment to fill it up with. I'll be done in 2-3 hours then.

10. chaser2587

chaser2587 LawnSite Member

Yep... that's a smart idea. It's also good if your willing to spend the money to get or rent the equipment.