Topic for discussion

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Thanx, Tails...we all could benefit from this knowledge.."wilt point" is going
    to be a important "buzz word" as we deplete our source of livelyhood!:waving:

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

"Permanent wilting point" has been a soil moisture term for MANY moons that some pups are just learning, thinking it's God's gift to irrigation understanding. :)

3. Mike Leary

It's a start.

4. PurpHaze

Very small start. Kinda like saying, "If you don't water things will die." :laugh:

5. I studied the site info. This a real time study so results are posted daily. For those doing a quick look i want to point out the watering is not being determined by the sensors I gather. They are just measuring but you can see the variations in sensors reading basically the same data. The watering is being done by traditional controllers set on IWMS ET formula.

6. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

That ranks up there with evapotranspiration when talking to someone.

and before someone asks yes its a real word
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evapotranspiration

7. PurpHaze

It's even in my WordWeb program that I keep in my tray for spelling and thesaurus purposes. :)

"Process where moisture is returned to the air by evaporation from the soil and transpiration by plants."

8. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

I have to admit with as long as I had been in the business it was about a year ago when I got my CIC that I learned all the big words and math formulas.

9. Mike Leary

Is it just me, or is The Purple getting cranky as he approaches retirement?:laugh: