1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

topsoil price

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by hustlers, Oct 21, 2001.

1. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I pay $225.00 for a 14 yd load of
    pure organic tipsoil- little sand
    $16 yd- delivered

what do you all pay--$$
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i dont pay money for my soil i get money :D however around here u can get it for about $10 a yard
  3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

screened is about 20.00 yard here (the good stuff)
  4. By me fill goes for somewhere around $3 per yard, give or take a buck or two. Clean fill goes for about $10 per yard. Screened topsoil, normally goes for anywhere between $25 and $30. However you can find deals if you look hard enough, and if you go down county the price gets higher real fast. Scottie is tellin me about his prices for topsoil, and I am giving some thought to that for large jobs.
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

to be more specific on those prices i listed, premium topsoil (rotary kiln dried, screened, finished mushroom compost mixed with clean fill, high organic matter, low salts, light granular texture, is $10 cu yd.
    finished compost with no fill added, higher oganic matter then the above and low salts, unscreened is $6 a cu yd, and screened is $8 a cu yd
  6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

$5.00 cu yd screened topsoil ... picked up

$7.00 cu yd triple mix garden soil ... picked up
  7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

screened tp = $13/ton (or yd)
    blended tp = $22/ton (or yd) - mix of soil/compost/sand

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i get double screened topsoil for $14 bucks a yard. thats not including delivery, so you are getting a good deal i think.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Here it's around $23 to $30 per yard for organic top soil.. Screened fill ( they say top soil ) is about $10 per yard.. These prices are picked up ..
  10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Usually somewhere around $20 here. Fill is a different story. Places around here that will pay you to take fill. Believe it or not.