Topsoil Screeners

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by icex, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

We started screening soils as well as the ground greenwaste that we bring in. I sell the sceened material for $12.50 a yard plus delivery if they want it delivered. The ground greenwaste has a LOT of organics in it and makes an awsome soil amendment that is really needed here in FLA because of all the sandy soils we have. We also send out a LOT of our ground greenwaste to another guy who mixes it with biosolids(AKA $hit), lets it sit for a month or so and then screens it out.. makes one hell of a tertelizer. Right now between the two of us we have close to 80,000 yards of material.

2. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

We rent one for a day and then screen a bunch, we usually do 2 times a year. We feed it with an excavator and take a way with a backhoe, set up right you can put a lot though it in a day. For me it isn't worth owning one.

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

CLP who do you rent from?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a spot it can be put up and left for a long time? Do you have to pay for the trucking to move it?

There can be some good money in black dirt. A small screener isn't so bad as I've found selling 50-100 yards at time is common for me. I think it's better to have the big pile and screen small amounts out and use it up than screen the whole thing, people like using 'fresh' dirt. Wholesale here is $15 a yard including trucking.

5. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

NEUSWEDE , I rent from Sabattus hardware most of the time because I can run back roads to get it, or Rent-it. It cost me about $350 a day so it doesn't make sense to for me to own one.