Tornado Tree Removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pondfishr, Feb 12, 2008.

1. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an idea what they would charge per tree on the average to remove 35' trees from the roof of a two story home?

Thanks in advance..

2. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You have multiple 35 foot trees laying on roofs? Man I would want to see them first. Have thay broken thru the roof and will be difficult to get to saftely? Are they on a single story roof or a two story roof. What are the hazards involved? Am I going to fall thru an already damaged and weak roof because a tree just fell thru it? I would proceed very cautiously with this. What happens if a tree damages somthing while you are in the process of removing it? Are you going to bring in some type of lift or are you going to be crawling around on the roofs? Again I would want to look at each one and price each one seperately, at least in my head.

3. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

Multiple 3 from a tornado that hit last week. Send me your email I can send you pics.

4. cspaugh

cspaugh LawnSite Member

can you post the pics here for everyone to see

5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I hope you have very good insurance to do that kind of work.

6. psychodoe

psychodoe LawnSite Member

Being an Arborist I would tell you to hook up with a Certified Arborist in your area and make a few bucks on it. Here in FL I have removed many trees off houses. They are tricky. I do all large trees with cranes. What kind of tree is it? Does your insurance cover you doing tree work? If you cause more damage removing it you could be in a world of hurt. Storm work is hard to bid. Its all about man hours and we dont bid trees on houses everyday. Thats why storm rates are high. Good luck. I would love to see some pictures also.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I think that this is a situation that if you have to ask then maybe its something you should pass on.