Tornadoes in illinois and Indiania?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TooTallLawncare, Apr 21, 2004.

1. TooTallLawncare

TooTallLawncare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Just wondering if anybody was affected by any of those devastating tornadoes in central Illinois and Indiania?

2. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

I live in Seneca IL, but my brother lives in Utica about 15 miles away from me. He lives in a Subdivision away from the downtown area that suffered all of the damage. I think that they have found the 4 or 5 folks that were missing all night and that they have three folks that are confirmed dead. The storms over here were brutal last night.

3. TooTallLawncare

TooTallLawncare LawnSite Member
    from IL

I am happy to hear that you and your brother are ok. Did you guys have any damage to your cars are houses? What about to your lawnmowing equitment?

Jason

4. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

I guess that there are actually eight people that are confirmed dead in Utica now; tragic. We actually had very little damage at my home and at my brothers, the damage was all in the downtown area. Thanks for the concern.

5. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Mendota, IL about 20 miles to the north west of Utica. We didn't hardly have any amount of wind at all. Amazing how localized a storm like that can be. Definitely a tragic situation. It really hits home when a local small town is mentioned on the national news.

mowingmachine