Toro 16-42Z ZTR and New Holland Equivalent

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by horstuff, Jul 15, 2004.

1. horstuff

horstuff LawnSite Member

Hi. I am looking at buying a ZTR which will just be used at home for 3/4 acre of lawn. I don't want to spend what it will take to get a commercial grade, and I am hoping that for around 3000 dollars I can get the Toro 16-42Z and that it will last and perform well enough. I will be bagging the clippings, and I will need to get the rear bagger.

New Holland has their blue version of the same ZTR, MZ-1642, which I may look at because I have 2 NH tractors, and what the hey, the colors would match.

Any input on whether this ZTR would be okay for a homeowner, or does it have a limited lifespan due to lower grade components being used to keep the price down? Thanks.

Bobby

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

It's not a bad machine,especially for a 3/4 acre lot.Around here they go for about $2500 with a 16 B&S.
    Should do you just fine for years to come.

3. V1101

V1101 LawnSite Member
    from KC, MO

Interesting. I am in the market for a Z and did not know NH made mowers. I saw a picture on their website - looks a lot like the Toros. Are these the same machine, different paint? At $2,500, sounds like a good deal.