Toro 2 Cycle replacement??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R&J Lawn, Apr 18, 2005.

1. R&J Lawn

R&J Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Anyone have an answer for a replacement engine for the 2 stroke Suzuki?? It is a 22043 with the BBC...... Looked through past threads without much luck..Any help would be appriciated!! :help:

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

You can still get them from Toro, at least a short block

3. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

That's correct, shortbloack only. Let me know if you need one.

4. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) My dealer still has a few 04 new one's, Im sure your dealer could order one from Toro, Ive had several for many yr's heck i thought that Suzuki 4-1/2 2cycle is good for at least 15yrs maybe 20, Hope you find a replacement, Ive never ordered a engine from Landscaper's Supply but ive ordered alot of belt's, cabel's, filter's, blades and such without any problem, J-Thomas has good OEM replacement's there another good supplier...Marks Mowing Service

5. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

Last year had to replace a 5.5hp Suzuki on a 21" Toro Proline with BBC. The new Kawasaki 6.5HP engine fits right on the old deck. About one hour labor at the shop plus engine. Runs great!

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Green Lawns .. why did you have to replace the 5.5hp Sizuki? What failed?

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Did you have to replace the throttle cable and kill cable?

8. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

Roger:

Something in the top end I'm not sure but I recall something to do with the piston. The shop said go with the Kawasaki and its new technology. The Suzuki engine was several years old.

LandscapeSupplyonline:

Yes, they did install a new throttle cable for the Kawasaki engine.

9. Sinbad2109

Sinbad2109 LawnSite Member

Need help finding this replacement motor, Have 1992 Toro, with 5.5 Suzuki, where can find 6.5 Kawasaki Motor, found, 6.00HP

10. Sinbad2109

Sinbad2109 LawnSite Member

Need help finding a replacement motor for 1992 Toro Alumiuin Deck, currently has a Suzuski, 5.5HP, see some reply's, for 6.5HP can't find that motor.....Thanks Tom