Toro 2 cycle rings

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by xxl, Oct 26, 2011.

1. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

I have a suzuki two cycle that is low on compression. I dont want to throw it out so i am thinking new rings and maybe piston. I was haveing trouble finding weather or not to hone the cyclinder since i am installing new rings. The book dosent mention doing that but all i have heard about engines say to hone. Has any one delt with this issue.

Thanks let me know if you need more info

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

It's always best to de-glaze/Re-crosshatch a worn/used cylinder before installing new rings unless it's a Nikasil bore in which nothing is needed, Your's should be done, It's to help lubricate and seat the new rings.....

3. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Ditto....Rob....
    DeGlaze the cylinders and wash the block with warm soapy water a few times.
    Good thing I already finished dinner...That gravee looked pretty good.

4. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Slapper, no more than I've seen you and ole Rob around lately, I beginning to think both of you were laying off the B&G and were on a steady diet of top sirloin or filet's.

5. Restrorob

Well Dutch,

Being your a older gentleman needing all the nourishment you can get, I've been lay'n low for ya !

Now Slapper, He cruised right past the top sirloin and filet's to prime rib with that new job of his.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. piston slapper

You guys are close...Its more like a choice between Lobster or Cracked Crab...
    It was a tough choice, but I took the "Jim Rockford" money ($200 a day plus expenses),
    Working for a semi large landscape company (2m PLUS)
    It'll be good to get settled in....The last guy there is making me look like TESLA...

7. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Tesla , thats a great band from the past . But i dont think thats the Tesla you were refering . Congrats on the new job.

8. piston slapper

No. Not the band. Tesla the inventor. One of the brightest minds ever to walk the planet. Thanx on the congrats. Its the first time in 10 years that I dont get interrupted when Im underneath a mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Restrorob

Sorry for the threadjack xxl ! ;)

Slapper dude !!!!

What da heck you do'n up at 4:39 AM ?

Sounds like you already caught the worm !

With all this Lobster talk, I spent a hour on-line trying to find a local (with-in 1 hour drive) restaurant that served it, Couldn't find a dang one.... And the sad part..... I'm only 20 miles from the Gulf....:cry:

Congrats on the new gig ! Is there really such a thing as work'n without interruption. :confused:

10. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

I know the Tesla your were thinking of . My Tampa Bay Lightning have Tesla coils in the the stadium for the faux lightning. Talk about crazy