TORO 200 Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MiracleMan, Jun 17, 2004.

1. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about the Toro Z 200 series. I'm thinking about purchasing a Toro Z, Mod # 74230 with a 27 Koh: 52" deck for $6,900. or Mod 74234 with a 25 Kaw: 62" deck for $7,000. Spoke with the area rep and called the local dealer. Apparently, the dealer is overstocked. These units are nearly $3,000 below list price. I did confirm that these units are NOT demos but brand newe crated units. Now, I was born in the morning, but not THIS morning. Is this model series discontinued? Can't even find them on the Toro web site. Have surfed all over. Ironically, I DID find some info and listings last week but didn't print them because I figured I would come back. WRONG! They seem to have disappeared in the last 5 days. Can't find ANY stats or history on the 200 series at all now! Hmmmm, ...
    Anyway, anyone have experience with this series? I've always used the ExMark walk behinds as well as the Great Dane Surfer. (by the way, we're on our second Koh 22 Magnum) I hate that motor - but that's another chapter in itself -!
    This will be my first rider and I'm leary. The Stand-Up has been awesome for us. Anyone - Help - before I write the check!

2. premier lawn care

premier lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Tx

The 200 series was replaced w/ the 500 series for 2004. Those are discontinued machines.

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I don't own Toro 200 series, but did look into them. If you do a search, you will find a lot of mixed results on the Toro 200 series SFS deck.

BTW, those prices look decent, but not that far off what those machines typically go for -- from what I've seen & been quoted.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I just Priced the 2004 Toro Model 500 (the replacement for 2004 for the 200) 52" w/23 HP KOH for 7K and it has the new deck not the SFS deck. I gotta say also that the deck looked like a tank and had 9 3/4" Spindles with a break away Triangle piece that is suppose to help protect it and make a $300 spindle replacement into a $12 part triangle thingy replacement. Goin demo it next week.

5. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

Thanks guys!
    I'm going by the dealer this morning on my way to pick up a new handgun in the same vicinity. Don't worry, I won't use it on him.
    Good to find out it is discontinued tho. Also good to find out that the price reduction isn't as drastic as I thought. Guess I may go back to looking at the Exmark Z's again. Their price is high, but I know the machine is quality. The biggest thing that caught my attention on the 200 series was the motor sizes. 27 KOH and 25KAW!
    I've had bad results with the KOH 22 Magnum. Great results with the small KAW 12.5 on our W/B. Thought about the Kubota deisel also since I have a Kubota Compact tractor that has served us very well over the last 4 years.
    Decisions , ... Decisions ...

6. kubotaguy

kubotaguy LawnSite Member

Hi, I have used Toro Z-200 series 52" cut w/ a Kohler 20hp. Always excellent machine, never any problems. Unit has over 200 hrs. on it. I also have the hard Toro bagger, which does an excellent job on leaves. Paid about 9k for both pieces, first year I made 12k. Just my 2 cents.. :D

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If you are looking for a great deal, give me a call. We are a couple of hours north of you in Waco. We are a Toro, Exmark, Gravely, and Grasshopper dealer. Thanks