Toro 21" commercial or Sutech 33"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 11, 2003.

?

Which mower would you take?

1. Sutech 33" mower

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Toro 21" commercial mower with Suzuki engine

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Toro 21" commercial mower with Kawasaki engine

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

A local dealer has a sale on several leftover Sutech 33" units from 2002. I had decided to go with a Toro 21" commercial unit but this deal now has me rethinking my choice. The prices are as follows:

1. Sutech 33" with 10.5 Briggs enginge ($1400 Canadian or about $950 U.S.)

2. Toro 21" commercial with Kawasaki or Suzuki engine ($1400 Canadian or about $950 U.S.)

I know the Sutech has a very poor reputation having read previous posts but for the same price as a Toro commercial would I be better off getting the Sutech? Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say Toro, with the Suzuki on it. You don't want to have to buy equipment twice. Get the proline and you won't have to buy another trim mower. Buy the Sutech thing and it'll go kaput then you'll have to buy a real walk behind. But insted you have the best 21 incher and when you get ready for a mid size you'll be able to go get an eXmark or a toro or something and pair it with the 21.

4. joed

Thanks for the response fellows. Anyone else have any other opinions?

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Sutech 33', you have got to be kidding!! You had better do a search on them and read up on everything that has been posted. I believe they have even gone out of business now.:)

6. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont care what anybody says i would by the 33 for the same price as the 21

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The Sutech isn't going to last nearly as long as the Toro. Besides, I'd rather give up some saved time for a 21" that is going to run forever vs. a mower that you're going to constantly be spending SHOP time working on.

8. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

toros always win in my book

9. joed

Thanks fellows for all of the input. Well it looks like the Toro choice wins by a long shot. I guess that Sutech is quite a bad machine when most people seem to reccomending a 21" over a 33" unit.

10. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

don't get the sutech. do a search on it. i repeat, stay away from the sutech. i mow alone - keep it that way