Toro 21" mower...good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, May 23, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I was up at my dealer today, and he had an older stock Toro 21" GTS mower on the floor. It isn't the new junky personal pace one. It has a 3 speed gear drive self propell system, cast aluminum deck (heavy duty commercial), and best of all a 6HP Kawasaki engine on it. He's selling it for $459 plus bagger and tax. He said it's the same as the commercial model, except it's not as expensive, and the wheels on it are a little different. Seemed like a really great deal to me. Anyone have this mower, how do you like it? I'm probably going to order it tomorrow. Also, it has the handles that go straight out from the deck, then straight up, the bagger goes in the middle. Anyone have problems with this handle style?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. mowergal

mowergal LawnSite Member

Yes that is a good deal those sold for around $600 new if I remeber correctly.

3. mkwl

Thanks, does anyone else have one, how does it hold up? Also, do the Kawi's on the Prolines have oil filters on them, this one does not.

4. mkwl

Anyone???????

5. mkwl

Anyone else have this mower?

6. mkwl

Doesn't anyone run a Toro?:confused:

7. pcguy

pcguy LawnSite Member

I've got the 20039 - GTS 6.75hp Briggs. It is a personal pace but the thing is a tank. I cut (mulched) through 9 inches of wet kentucky bluegrass/tall fescue and it didn't even clump.

8. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

Toro's do cut well. I cannot tell you about how well they hold up, but they do cut second to none!