Toro 21" Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmer, May 30, 2001.

1. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

A customer of mine has the old style toro proline with the bagger and mulching kit. It is the susuki two-cycle. They just used as a trim mower. I cut the yard with my rider and I have to a small strip in the back yard so it couldn't have to many hours on it. It is in very nice shape, not a scratch on it. It dosen't start right now because it has been sitting for about four years. Last time I asked her about it she wanted 150 dollars but I think I am going to offer her 100 dollars. Just wanted to know if that sounds like a good price.:confused:

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a good price, even if you use it for parts it sounds like a good price.

3. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

I think that $100 is the right price, but i would ask her if its ok if I mowed with it a little bit to test it out. I if you are really empressed with it and she still wants $150 for it , it might not be a bad idea after all to buy it. bUT DONT LET THE LOOKS OF IT FOOL YOU . i BOUGHT A RECONDITONED MOWER AT HOMEDEPOT AND IT LOOKED GOOD AS NEW BUT I COULD NOT GET IT TO START AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE THIS HELPS !!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!:D

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

toroboy i think the mower was ok all you had to do was proabbly check a few things like the spark plug and air filter new engines dont strt to easily next time prime it ever 3 pulls it should strt up then i would pay her $125 BUT TRY IT OUT FOR A GOOD WEEK OR SO THEN YOULL NOW IF YOU LIKE IT.............

5. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I can get 250-300 for my used toro 2 strokes as they are get in good order and have commercial miles on them . I have sold at least four to friends for 300 and these things are still going strong as a home owner machine. I would snatch that pup for 150 and not feel bad. The older it is the better. The new ones are not as good as the pre 94's.
    If that thing is ten years old it has fewer hours than one I might have bought a month ago. BUY BUY BUY.