Toro 21" prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gene $immons, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw where the new models of Toro 21" are around $1200.

:dizzy:

2. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a couple new 21's and yes, those toros are pricey... i just might have to spring tho

3. TXbulldog

TXbulldog LawnSite Member

Four Brothers in Royse City, TX had the 22167 (Honda Toro) mowers for $1000 and the 22176 (Kawi) mowers for $900 at their recent open house. The dealers in Dallas can't touch Four Bros' prices and their customer service is second to none! -Jason

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

WOW! That's where I got my eb7001 from. They have some great deals. I paid 1079 for my toro 22176 non bbc before tax. After $1172 I believe

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I just priced a new Exmark Metro 21" today with the Kawi motor, 3 speed and a blade clutch, $1169 before taxes. Super expensive, but IMO they are the best on the market. For me, the 21" will be my main mower for a while, so I want something of good quality. Was thinking about going with Honda, but I have way too much faith in Exmark after having a TTHP that I just don't think I could own anything else. :drinkup:

6. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

The commercial toro/exmark 21" is worth the money...no issues in a full season with two last year...the front wheel adjusters do suck though they are the hardest I have ever used, but it mulches and bags nice, and has a decent speed to it...I like the BBC and had no problems with it..

Our Honda HRX's mulched better, and the handle to go from bag to mulch was awesome, but the drive cables kept snapping so we returned all of them in 2005, and bought the toros.

I would try the commercial honda 21 if they have a different drive cable design that is stronger, I am not sure if it is different though.

Are there any differences between the toro and exmark 21?

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

If you want a mower that will last for years and years of commercial mowing then go with Toro, they are well worth the money. I still have a commercial model I bought back in 92 that still starts on first pull.

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a link or pic of the toro.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Don't get the bbc. stick with zone start. Simpler and less expensive.
    Yes the front wheel adjusters suck. and the 06 models are even worse like the one I have. I like my machine but it does have weird results when mulching different than st aug. grass types. I have found snapper to do a better all around job and is more versatile. Snapper commercial 21" w kaw is my next 21".

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member