Toro 21" Proline 2 stroke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marko, Sep 28, 2006.

1. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

What is a good price for a homeowner used 2003 or 2004 21" Toro proline 2 cycle BBC. This was used for approx. 1/2 season (4 months) and looks brand new. Has been properly stored since he moved into a condo. I am adding another person, need another 21" and always liked the 2 cycles, but they were not made after I started back in the lawn care. Thanks for any help!

2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I have one and I like it a lot. If it were really like new, no more than 700. Thats the most I would pay, not like there's a blue book is there? That thing will last you a LONG time, though. How much is he asking?

3. marko

$500. It's a no brainer I know.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Your wasting time typing that question, for $500 you'd better snag that before some else does.

5. marko

I know, I know. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

If the tree huggers had not not been responsible for the banning of the legendary Suzuki two stroke, we would not have switched to Honda.The Suzuki been rated at 4.5 5.0 and 5.5..all the same engine.

Set the RPM's at 3700 with the blades spinning, and the TORO is a beast, on second gear at that RPM,some guy's can't hardly keep up with it, and the weight of the mower is drastically less than the new Kawi Toro's.

7. GearHead_1

GearHead_1 LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have two of these 04 Suzuki's and wouldn't trade them for any other 21" mower period. I also picked up one of them with the Kawasaki 4 cycle engine on it from the distributor the other day. It had apparently been damaged (push bars and gas tank) while at a trade show They had replaced all the damaged parts with new ones. It's never had fuel or oil in it. I paid $750 for it and felt like I had stolen it.

8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Hell yeah, Marko looks like you got a killer deal on that one

9. marko

Any help on bumping the RPM's up to 3700?

10. GearHead_1

GearHead_1 LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Do you have a small engine tachometer?