toro 21''

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 15, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have two 21'' toro and one is a "regular" recycler while the other is a "super" recycler.... whats the difference between the 2? :help:

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

The Super Recycler is an aluminum deck and the plain Recycler is steel.

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

whats best an aluminum deck or an steel deck? is there a price difference in the 2? are these commercial mowers or home owner?

the 2 mowers are identical except for the deck conscruction accordingly from your post.......

they are the 6.5hp briggs and are both personal pace....

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

The aluminum is the better deck. They don't rust and are generally thicker and stronger.

These are both homeowner units with the Super, probably, off the top of my head, costing about $100-200 more.

If you are a commercial cutter your best bet would be with Toro's ProLine Series. That is a commercial 21" with aluminum deck and better quality engine, handles, wheels, hardware, etc., than any of the homeowner models.

6. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

Biggest diference has already been pointed out, and that's the lightweight deck. If you don't get the self-propelled it only weights like 44lbs. I use a 21 on two VERY small back yards with gates. So, the 21" stays in the bed of the pickup so I don't have to move it off the trailer every time. It's nice to have the lightweight......I can mow faster becuase its light, and probably faster than the self-propelled.

Next biggest diference is actually the adjuster for wheel heights. You'll notice on the regular, that they're a bit cheaper. The Super has more solid hardware. This keeps it from wearing out as quick, and if it gets banged up in transit, you won't be repalcing the hardware as quickly.

Otherwise....same mower $160 difference.