Toro 30" Turfmaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grzube, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

Sure, I read that post, some good info about consummer vs commercial. I'm leaning towards the commercial just based on the durability of our 21" Toro pro-line honda powered mowers.

2. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Same here, I think people who bought it kinda knew that it wouldnt hold up, but for $900 it was worth a shot, I think if you are a homeowner with a larger yard it would be perfect and last years. Its the same with residential 21" mowers, sure they cut the grass once a week 30 times a year, but 30 times a day, 5 days a week, not so much. I look forward to getting the commercial version, whether it lasts or not, only time will tell.

3. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I see your point. But didn't the LCO in that thread put like 600 hours on his Timemaster? That's more than 30 mows/year.

4. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like it will be a great mower can't wait to read the reviews here.

5. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

One of the differences bewteen the t/cutter & turfmaster is the handle on the timecutter can adj straight up 90 degrees vs the t/master is fixed, so if you have an enclosed trailer like we run, the adj handle makes a huge diff.

6. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

I find that for most people a folding handle is more of a gimmick type thing, like if you store it in the garage next to a car or something, 99% of commercial stuff doesnt have it. It usually makes the handle assembly more flimsy. Although my ryan aeartor has one, and toro snowblower, lol, but I never use that feature. I could understand with an enclosed trailer though, depending on the size. But if you need to fold the handle then I think its time for a bigger trailer, but Im sure you know that, or are getting to that point when a bigger trailer is on the horizon.

7. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

We have 16 ft enclosed trailers, x2 48 ztrns & 21" per trailer, and added a timecutter, it wouldn't of fit w/o the flex handle, but it was only a test, the 21" is coming out this season leaving room for the new commercial turfmasters!!!

8. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Nice. but dont discount the 21", I'd keep it in the back of truck or something, or even build a small platform above where the turfmaster will go to store it, then atleast you got it if you every need it.

9. Grzube

Grzube LawnSite Member

Ideally it would be best to always have a 21" in the line up, will have to get creative and re-think set ups for certain cutting days.

10. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Yeah its tough to make one setup, because day to day you might not need everything or use certian peices only a couple days. Wish you the best.