1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Toro 30"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mwalz, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ta2slow346

ta2slow346 LawnSite Member

which HD? I'm local to St.louis and if they have it with a kawi engine i'll buy one today.
  2. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Especially at $800! :laugh:
  3. grassbusterdesigns

grassbusterdesigns LawnSite Member

Same here. If you know where to get the Turf Master or even a Time Master with the Kawi engine let me know the store number and address I'll call and pick one up today. Not saying I doubt you, perhaps they somehow got a last years model TM, or we're even trying it in the store to see if it would sell. Either way let me know where to pick it up at. ;) And on a serious note, if you go back and they got one for $800. you better pick it up. I'm on the market for one right now, and I'm certainly going with the Kaw. engine. Not only will the engine hold up much longer, but it seems to be build a lot more heavy duty. I think the wheel set-up might be different also.
  4. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

for those of you who live around stl, i think it was the HD in Ellisville. The one by Kohls. Still haven't been by one yet to check though.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You are NOT seeing the commercial model that sells for $1,800 at Home Depot. Trust me when I say that I do not believe that Toro would be foolish enough to start selling their COMMERCIAL LCE mowers through Home Depot as they would most assuredly lose a large number of their current dealers with an idiot move like that.
  6. grassbusterdesigns

grassbusterdesigns LawnSite Member

If he "swore" he seen the Kawi engine in person on it, maybe they made a "packing" mistake. Boy someone would be getting lucky, huh? :cool2:
  7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump bump. Any update
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

IIRC, the box the commercial model comes in is larger than the residential model, which would make the likelihood of a commercial unit "accidentally" ending up in the residential box rare.
  9. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe this weekend i can make it to a HD, i'll post an update and see what i find, the only bad thing is i don't have the money to but that because i have to buy other things first. If t is the kawi engine.
  10. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I came across the company maintaining Applebee's with the 30 inches, I talked to them to see if they liked it. they said they loved it but use the homeowners model because it's cheaper, and it actually has more horsepower. The Briggs & Stratton is an 8.75 hp, the Kawasaki is a 6.5 hp.
    I demoed a turf master, as near as I can tell the only difference between it and the homeowners model is the motor and the personal pace, which I don't know if I would like. Does anybody use the homeowners model?
    I also checked online and it looks like I can replace the briggs for about $250?