Toro 3000 zero turn problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mowerman41, Jun 2, 2014.

1. mowerman41

mowerman41 LawnSite Senior Member

As I was mowing my parking brake became loose, so when I got off the mower while it was still running the parking brake lost contact with the button which kills the engine. When I went to restart it with the parking brake engaged it would not start. I waited. 5 minutes and it started fine. If I shut the mower off by the key it will start right up. But if I get off the seat or don't have the parking brake engaged and it kills the engine I have to wait 5 minutes before it will start again. I brought it to the dealer and they said they weren't sure why it did that, and they would need sometime to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Need the full model and serial number off the frame tag......

3. mowerman41

Posted via Mobile Device

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

When your machine doesn't start, Have you noticed any of the four triangle lights on the bottom of the hour meter not lit up black ?

It looks like the interlock module may be made inside the hour meter assembly since there's no other module in the wire diagram.

A safety switch is a switch and either works or it doesn't, The interlock module is a timed delay. It may be going out causing you to have to wait a longer period of time before it resets so you can re-start the engine.....

5. mowerman41

Thank you. I will check this week. I appreciate the help
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Will you please send an email with your contact information to LCEProducts@toro.com so we can assist you with this issue?

7. mowerman41

I sent the contact information. Thank you
    Posted via Mobile Device