1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 3100 mechanic Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dochuff, Oct 5, 2012.

1. dochuff

dochuff LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I'm looking for a mechanic well acquainted with a 1994 Toro GM3100 with groomers.

I already have a local reel grinder. My unit needs more than the reels ground.

I know my unit is old, I'm not expecting a new unit.

I need someone who can go over my unit and adjust/repair/replace any worn/damaged parts to give me the best cut possible for my budget.

Recently, I developed a minor hydraulic leak. I see a 2 to 3 inch spot on the garage floor.

In addition, I also have a John Deere Aercore 800 which surges only while aerating. Kohler Command CH18S runs only with choke on even when warm.

Met R Matic F15B top dresser has the chain slipping? when loaded and going up moderate grades.

FWIW I'm just a homeowner with a 10,000 sq ft croquet lawn in Carrollton GA. My lawn is flat as a pool table. Level within 1/4 inch. Turf is Tif Eagle cut at .125 inch 4 to 6 times a week. (by yours truly, I can't afford a crew)

J. Huff

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Those are golf machine's, so you need to concentrate on golf course mechanic's or asst. g.c. mechanic's. And there are a lot of golf course's in the ATL area. And you can expect part's for that 3100 to be a lot, toro know's they have you over a barrel on those thing's and they aren't scared to charge you.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012