toro 32" price vs exmark 32

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ALL-American, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ALL-American

ALL-American LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I got a price for a 32" toro t-bar at 2200 at the dealer today. It is last years model, but hasn't been used (still on showroom floor). He also has a brand new exmark 32 selling for 2200. I am torn between the both. I like the tbar, but have heard so many good things about the exmark. I have read and heard they are basically the same mower, but was wondering if these are good prices, and which one would you choose. I need the 32 to fit in the back gates as 90% of my accounts have small gates, otherwise I would get something bigger. Anyways thanks for the help:confused:

2. ALL-American

from Houston

Anyone here?:sleeping:

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Does the exmark have the ecs?

4. ALL-American

from Houston

no, he said it doesn't come standard with a 32, but he could get an aftermarket kit for about 200-300

5. THEGOLDPRO

Are you better on the teebar or the ecs?.

6. ALL-American

from Houston

this will be my first real commercial mower. I have been using a 21" toro to get by, but now with the amount of work I have it is costing me time.

7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the toro t-bar 32" and really like it, t-bar is in a class by itself as far as easy to use great design. 2200 sounds like a descent price as well IMO you cant go wrong with the toro.

8. ALL-American

from Houston

Thanks for your reply. I think I will get t-bar, seems like it is easier to control.

9. THEGOLDPRO

Like i said ive never used a teebar only Ecs. I cant imagine its much easier. but if you get the teebar for 300 less and you like it buy it. I used a pistol grip belt drive 60 inch exmark for 5 years before i got a ECS so now im spoiled.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For $2200, I would snatch that up in a hurry if I were you. That is a good deal on a new machine.