Toro 32" should I take or pass...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gary6768, Dec 28, 2006.

1. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to purchase a used walk behind.. I prefer a 32" because I'm going to be working out of a van.. Toro 32" about 10 years old never used commercially... Wants 600 bucks.. He's the 2nd owner.. He's selling to get bigger mower.. If it runs good and all looks good.... take or pass????

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i would't give him a dime over 500.

3. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I have used one they are ok machines. if you get this one have funds ready to put a new motor, transmission, engagement clutch and a round of bearings on it. It could end up being a good buy but make sure you are prepared for the worst. You would most likely looking elsewhere or buying new.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Beware, EVERYONE tries to say that.

10 years old is pretty old.

I'd say(and I usually don't say this) lowball him and see if you can get it for less.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

10 years old, $600. I say buy new, I can smell trouble!(or maybe I smell the breakfast burrito that I had?)

6. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

There are literally hundreds of good quality used mowers around. Start with your dealer first. In fact, I got all of my Echo stuff from my local dealer with like new warranties. The point I am trying to make is that if you have a good relationship with your dealer, they will take care of you.

For $600.00 I would rather get something a little newer than 10 years old. Like someone else said, be prepared to pour a lot more money into a deal like that.

ML-