toro 32" walk behind or TTHP 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmxican, Jul 29, 2005.

1. bmxican

bmxican LawnSite Member

I did a search on this but wanted some fresh input. If you are familiar with the 32" floating deck, single blade, belt drive, t-bar mower, do you like it. or should I steer clear of this model? I've noticed several on LCO's trailers around here and thought they must not be too bad. But if you you know better please say so. I've been in the market for a small WB and this one has caught my interest.
    Alternatively I've been considering the exmark TTHP 36", a vastly different mower but also about $2k more expensive. reading through the old Exmark forum, I noticed a few complaints about "pulley bounce" and belt issues. any thoughts?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

eXmark is the number one brand near me. Every landscape trailer you see will have at least one. I have only heard good things aout eXmark. Their customer service and parts department is the best. I love mine! Also if you want to save some money and you don't mind a gear trany instead of hydro, look at the Metro Hp. My dealer sells it for $3299. Everything except the trany is the same when compared to the TTHP. Look at the catolog!

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I dont have the Toro 32...I have the 36. But several buddies have them and love them. I see alot of them around on trailers too. They like them because they can get into all back yard gates. They cut nice, you can mulch or bag with them, you can put a velke on them....I'd say go with the Toro 32 if you have alot of smaller gates to backyards.

4. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

My Toro is a fixed deck 32" double blade T-Bar. I really like it as it is very maneuverable, gives a very nice cut, holds hills well, has reverse and is relatively light. All in all a good mower.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The single blade Proline 32" Recycler Deck is a Big Pile of Junk and Should not Even be Mentioned in the Same Sentence as the Tracerhp..

The Tracer will Maneuver Better Mulch Better Discharge Better Bag Better.

The Single Blade 32" is a Dud...in Fact an Belt Drive 32" is a Waste of $$$$.

Go Hydro or Go 21" Proline or Go Home.

That's the Best Advice You are Ever Going to Get.

Take it or Leave it.

My Guess is You'll Leave it and Be Selling that Toro 32" in a Year.

Good Luck.

6. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

First, it's got two (2) blades and it seems like a good unit to me.. Does what I want it to do for the money with a very nice result. True it's belt drive but I fail to see what the problem is. Works for me. Maybe your Canadian units are inferior. Or maybe you just don't know how to operate one.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

There are 2 Proline 32" Units...The Thread Starter has the Single Blade w/the Toro Recycler deck which is a Pure Toro unit and Pure Garbage...Does Not Mulch Bag or Discharge Well...

What You Have is a Rebadged eXmark Metro 32" w/T-Bar Controls or Pistols w/the tri-vantage Deck Which is Far Superior.

I Gave up on 32" Belts Many Years Ago.... in Tight Areas & Small Props the 21's Are Faster & Much Less Fatiguing.

8. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Yes. Mine is the rebadged Exmark. Some of the parts even have the Exmark label on them.

9. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the exmark. I just bought a 32 toro t-bar with the single blade and mulch kit and for what I paid ($3000) i am not very happy with it. I already had to take it back to the dealer twice. It's to small to put a sulky on, so your walking all the time. The T-bar is very nice though. Less fatigue than the ECS.

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like the snapper rider I was going to get.