Toro 32

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jul 17, 2012.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Its the toro 32in floating deck with the sigle blade, if its leaving a strip of grass down the middle, do yall think its because the blade is bent, or thats just the type of cut it leaves

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

nobdoy????? i just came back from buyin a new blade, ill try it out on one of my yards to see if its approved any. i kinda hope it hasnt cause I want a wright now after going and looking at them but i kinda dont feel like dropping 7k

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

my guess is that the blade is dull or travel speed is too fast

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have used one for 20 years and its always cut great. i use a gator blade

5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably the blade. I owned of those machines way back. It always cut great.

6. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Blade could be dull or the blade belt is slipping.

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

that is what i am thinking. i have never been 100% happy with the cut of the machine. it has left a streak of cut grass clippings on the right side from the first day i owned it. i had a thread on here about. we tried everything. gator blade, increased the rpms to just below max, slowing the speed of cut down, increasing the height of cut so theres more nap for the clippings to be pushed into. i just deal with it and make sure i keep the right side of the deck on the side of uncut grass clippings when i use it. i have a walker now and only use the toro on like 3 yards and its annoying everytime i have to use it. im highly considering a wright