Toro 320 series (stream rotor) Rain Pro head

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

We can't help it if you didn't know what quality was out there, just as we can't help it if you read "320 series" in another thread and start ranting about a completely different product. :hammerhead:

2. Wet_Boots

Any adjustable head is more versatile than a 300 series.

But versatile is not the same as reliable. The 300 Stream Rotor is the longest-running show in irrigation, and original heads are still working today.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

And a nozzle is not the same as a head.

4. Wet_Boots

if you are trying to exclude an MP Rotator from the same standards of scrutiny given to any rotor head - this is your official notice that you have failed in your mission

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

True dat, Ed Hunter did it right. The one's that used oil as a gear lubricant are still in service, as are most of mine that use water. :clapping:

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a badge that goes with the authority to serve "official notice" or is this another 3 constant variable situation?

:confused:

7. Wet_Boots

"They laughed when I said I had a three-variable equation"

By the way, the 320 head was not perfection. The nozzle turret shown was the smallest of three sizes. The larger sizes couldn't quite get spray distances that matched specs, so you weren't going to be able to replace 40+ foot impact heads with them.

In the rare case that a 320 gear drive did stop turning, it might be found that the drive was internally stripped, and that would mean that you would not be able to unthread the nozzle turret, making complete head replacement necessary.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

And this is your official notice that you have failed in your mission of presenting valid comparisons. What is next? Would you like to compare shrubblers with the 300, you know, cause they have dos streams? :rolleyes:

9. Wet_Boots

I'm not attempting the doomed mission of trying to place an MP Rotator above the 300 Stream Rotor in the "as good as it gets" list. You got to fly that one-winged plane all by your lonesome.

20130706_045326_TDB-L-LBPlaneCrash-SV-007-L.jpg

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What part of "not even comparable" did you not understand?