Toro 325 d- Hydraulic deck will not raise.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sprandy83, Oct 28, 2007.

1. sprandy83

sprandy83 LawnSite Member

I have a used 325 d with the hydraulic deck that will no longer lift. Fluid is full and there are no apparent leaks. Machine has 2257 hours. 3 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel. Please post any suggestion to remedy the problem.
  2. Fred B

Fred B LawnSite Member

My guess is the valve controling the hydrolic fluid to your deck lift is stuck could be dirt in valve. If you can drive it the pump is working as it is a hydraulic drive. Unless you work on hydraulics alot, I would take it to a dealer as it will be a quick and small fix.
  3. sprandy83

sprandy83 LawnSite Member

Thanks Fred B. I will look into this. The mower moves find but all of a sudden when I went to load on trailer it would not raised. Just bought it and have not gone all the way through with maintenance. A great workhorse of a mower. Thanks.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You didn't snap a pin on the lift cylinder did you?

What I'm getting at is if you ruled out a mechanical failure rather than hydraulic.
  5. crawford_darrel

crawford_darrel LawnSite Member
    from NE Iowa

You will most likely need to check the implement releaf presure. One of the most common way to tell if the hydro is good is to check to see if the deck will raise at ideal, it should. You will probably need a shim kit and a pressure gauge. One thing to remember is to not over pressure if too much shim or you will blow out the o rings between the two pumps. Now that I think of it, has this problem just started all of a sudden or has been that way since you have been running it? If it just started you better check the o rings in the middle of your Sunstrand pump.
  6. BlakeReeder

BlakeReeder LawnSite Member

hey man a lot of times the spring that holds tension on the lift arms will come unsprung do to a broke blot that holds the whole assembly up. check the spings and make sure they are in there proper location. this is usually the problem. The 325 has only on hydro pump and if the trans works most likely it is not a pump issue. the cylinders dont usually go bad so that elliminates that as well. Has to be the springs.