1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

toro 350 z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by therainman, May 2, 2004.

1. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

anyone run the toro dedicated bagger?
    Looks just like a walker to me. Just wondering how they perform over time. Can demo for a day but how well do they hold up to everyday use? PRice? What should i expect to pay?

2. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

I have one, its a good finishing mower. In my opinion it does not cut nearly as pretty as a Walker, but its adequate. The controls take a little getting used to, but you adapt to them pretty quickley. A few things I dont like about it are

It clogs.......any wetness in grass, or if you try to cut to deep.

The cut quality is decent from 1" up to 3.5 inches, higher settings the cut quality falls off signifigantly.

Bring you ear plugs!!!!!! Its the loudest most obnoxious sounding mower I have ever heard.
  3. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Had one and could not get rid of it fast enough, great machine BUT it did not fit into my idea of a 'Commercial Mower', productivity went into a 'nose dive' (was using a Toro 52" hydro WB before the 3 series) now running an Exmark Z HP 23 w/52" deck and a lot happier. You are right to demo the machine and if you can use it for a couple of days or a week (all your properties) that will give you a good idea if it will do what you expect. A one day demo is like a 'one night stand' you will not see a lot of the finer points which will surface as soon as you fall into a routine.

4. Mako

Mako LawnSite Member

Just got back from vacation to a yard that had not been mowed this year. The grass was 6" and wet. It rains her every other day. My Toro Z 325 never clogged once. It has never clogged even one time since last year when I started using belt dressing on the blower belt. Prior to using the dressing the thing clogged all the time, even with a new belt. The tensioner has a weak spring and I think the belt slipped all the time. With the blower running properly, the deck is completely free of grass when you flip it up. With the belt slipping, the deck is full of grass any time you look at it. Toro would have done themselves a big favor if they would have built the blower with a more positive drive such as a toothed belt.