Toro 36" or exmark 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toroboy, May 27, 2001.

1. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

I am 15 years old and I am interested in buying a 36" toro or exmark mower. I hear the toro hurts your wrists when you stwist the handle bar to turn. But I also hear that the toro is better overall. Is that true, or should i go with a exmark mower? Hmmmmmmm.

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

never demoed a toro, but have watched guys cut with them and the cut isn't nothing like the exmark strips. go with the exmark36". but if you do that you might have to change your name on lawnsite

3. casey

casey Guest

There is no mulch kit available for Toro 36 floating SFS deck. I almost bought one until I found that out. They got a mulch kit for 36 fixed. Don't know why that one doesn't fit but I phoned Toro and they said it wouldn't. They may be working on one.

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i own a exmark 36" i think you should get a wopping 52" floating deck dont go small like that drop the peopl with gates i never tried a toro but i hear good things

5. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

No need for that type of posting here. - Ray

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

toroboy wrote:

<b><i>I hear the toro hurts your wrists when you stwist the handle bar to turn. But I also hear that the toro is better overall. Is that true, or should i go with a exmark mower?</b></i>

Toro gets the money either way. Toro owns Exmark. Both Toro and Exmark mowers are manufactured by Exmark. The only difference between a Toro and a Exmark would be the T-Bar steering and the SFS deck if you get the Toro. If you decide on the fixed deck mower with pistol grips then they are identical mowers.

You should try the T-Bar steering before you discount it. Some people like it and some people don't.

7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

just tring to help:angel:

How about living up to the signature and "Keep it clean" - Ray

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Please post on the topic at hand, personal attacks are not needed to get your point across.

Ray

9. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the Toro, they also offer a 36 fixed deck
    same as Exmark but with T bar. I had a 44 Toro,a 48 scag with
    bar, currently I have a 52 Lesco with a T bar. Makes belt drive machines the choice. Will go backwards and in the wet.
    ED

10. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I would reccomend spending the extra money and buying a ztr ...you will be happy...After you buy one you will ask why did I ever use a walk behind...try a exmark lazer hp or a scag tiger cub...I own a 36 inch scag walkbehind that does nothing more then sit...worst purchase I have made...granted I do handle larger residentials and commercial accounts, but look into a smaller ztr...